Thursday, April 17, 2014

Day 5 - The Atonement

To me, this day is the most meaningful of all the days leading up to Easter, there are already tears in my eyes. I cannot even begin to express my love for the Savior and his atoning sacrifice for all of us. I can't even begin to understand that Christ experienced every physical pain, every emotional heartbreak, the weight of the world's guilt, remorse, grief, loss, and loneliness. He atoned for our sins so that we could be forgiven, and we are never alone in our trials because Christ has experienced all of them.

I love Him with all my heart. He is as real as anyone I know, He is someone I look up to,
someone I am inspired by, and feel loved by. Knowing that my sins can be forgiven because of His deep love for me inspires me to live my life better and to withstand trials and temptations.

In Sunday School we have been talking about grace. My teacher shared an amazing way to understand grace, and she learned this from Brad Wilcox. This is how it goes, kinda in my words!

Just as a parent would pay a piano teacher for their child's piano lessons, Christ payed the demands of justice. Just as the parent tells their child to practice, Jesus asks us to choose the right and follow the commandments. Doing so won't pay the piano teacher/justice back, but it shows appreciation for the wonderful gift. Grace isn't about meeting halfway. Grace isn't about filling gaps. Grace is about Christ filling us with strength, opportunity, and potential to become more like Him. Just how one can't be a talented piano player without practice, we can't be Christlike without making an effort and choosing the right choices, even when it's hard. Jesus has given everyone who has ever lived on earth the opportunity to let his atonement strengthen us by washing away our sins and inspiring us to have a pure heart.

I feel such a beautiful love and thankfulness for my Savior, and I can't wait to be with Him. Sometimes I feel like when I see Him, I would absolutely run as fast as I could to be with Him! I know that He loves us more than we can comprehend. He was willing to face all of our trials completely and utterly alone, and endure all of our pains and sufferings so that we will never be alone.

Remember Christ knows us each individually and personally. He loves us and wants us to be happy, and that is why he gave us the greatest gift humankind could ever ask for - the opportunity to change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment