Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 1 - Palm Sunday

Easter is one of my favorite holidays, I just love how everything outside is blooming with new life! I want this year to be special, so I have decided to learn as much as I can about what Christ experienced in his last week before His crucifixion and resurrection, and to write a blog post each day about it. I have such a deep love for my Savior, and I hope this week that you and I will come to know Him more personally through learning about his life.

Today is Palm Sunday, when Jesus made his last journey back into Jerusalem. As He rode into the city on a donkey, which was a symbol of peace, the people laid their clothes and palm branches in his path. 

"And as he went, they spread their clothes in the way. And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen; Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest." (Luke 19:36-38)

On this day He also continued healing the sick, as He had done many times throughout his life. It is amazing to imagine what it would be like to be healed by Christ, what it would feel like to be with the kindest, humblest soul that ever lived on earth. I can only imagine the gentleness and love in His eyes as he cared for those who were afflicted. Although we haven't been physically healed by Christ, we can be healed spiritually.

"The Savior can wipe away our tears of regret and remove the burden of our sins. His atonement allows us to leave the past behind and move forward with clean hands, a pure  heart, and a determination to do better and especially to become better." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

I love this scripture because our struggles become less significant as we focus on what really matters. The knowledge of the atonement, and the assurance that there is life after death, has carried me through many trials that would be almost unbearable without faith in Jesus Christ.

I hope you continue reading and learning about Christ with me each night until Easter :)

*Exta Bible Verses about Palm Sunday*
Luke 19:28-48
I read from the King James Version, I hope the verses are similar if you read a different version!

No comments:

Post a Comment