Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 4 - Little Moments

Today's post will be short and sweet, I couldn't find a scriptural account of what Christ did on this day. So I will share one of my favorite quotes about Him :)

"In all that Jesus came to say and do, including and especially in His atoning suffering and sacrifice, he was showing us who and what God out Eternal Father is like, how completely devoted He is to His children in every age and nation. In word and in deed, Jesus was trying to reveal and make personal to us the true nature of His Father, our Father in Heaven." -Jeffrey R. Holland

I thought this was so beautiful. The first time I read it, I was in Deseret Book (it's a Christian bookstore with so many wonderful books written by people from my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.) Anyway I was flipping through a book and this beautiful painting of Christ with this quote was on one of the pages. I got this tiny scrap of paper and wrote it down or else I would forget it and never find it again! I love little inspiring moments like that. I am a tiny bit obsessed with quotes, but I think it's understandable because they give me so many little moments of insight and joy. So the moral of the story is to write down the things that mean something to you :) When you write things down, it's easier to go back, read, and notice the small ways you have been blessed.

That's all my thoughts tonight :) bonus points to the person that finds the name of that book!!!! I think it's by Jeffrey R. Holland. Maybe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment