Saturday, February 8, 2014

Inspired Thoughts from Frozen

     The movie Frozen was incredible. There were tears streaming down my face, right there in the movie theater! It was so emotional because I thought of my own sisters, and it inspired me to savor every minute I have left with them before I leave for college. The theme being centered around sisters made this movie so original and unique.

     Little philosophical me loves the deeper meaning in this movie. No matter how brave you may think you are, it's not heroic to shut people out. This idea has spoken volumes to me, because I can't stand to hear modern songs and poems telling girls to "Put walls around your heart so you don't get hurt." Living in fear of rejection is not living life to the fullest. Protecting your heart from hurt also blocks pure love. I know many people would disagree, but I think life is more beautiful with the full spectrum of emotions.

     Being brave is putting your heart on the line and going out on a limb, whether it's in a romantic relationship, reuniting with a long lost friend, or reaching out to a family member you may feel distant from.

     Expressing love creates joy in our lives in such a powerful way that nothing else can replace it. Gather up your courage, work to strengthen your relationships, and put your whole heart in it. Not everything will always work out perfectly, but just say to yourself, "The cold never bothered me anyway!" And you will make it through whatever happens. It is only when you know sadness that you will truly appreciate joy, and it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment